Welcome to the Journey Center!
Thanks for stopping by the Journey Center, a great place for children to learn, grow and have fun! Our center is a place where parents and children do not have to journey through autism alone. We offer effective research supported methods of treatment for children displaying symptoms of behavioral and or developmental delays in a Christian environment.
Let us share with you some exciting news! Our loving team is now seeing children for ABA as well as speech and language therapy in their homes in Blair, Centre, Mifflin, Fulton and Juniata Counties. We have locations at 107 S Spring Street, Bellefonte and 2875 Rt 764 Plaza Suite #2, Duncansville. Our agency is credentialed through various insurance companies. Please call to see if we carry your child’s insurance. Call us today at 814-317-5092 if you have any questions or would like to discuss ways we can help you.
Below is an expanded list of our Services!
• ABA Therapy (Click Here to Read More)
• Social Skills Training: Most individuals with autism have a difficult time navigating their social environment. We offer one on one social skills coaching in the community setting or group sessions in one of our centers. Our goal is to assist individuals with making friends, applying for a job, or getting along with peers and family members.
• Integration in a Church or Religious Organization: Many of our families struggle with taking their loved one to church services or functions. We can offer autism awareness trainings as well as provide strategies and or ideas for inclusion into the church environment.
• Functional Behavior Assessments: Many individuals exhibit problem behavior that interferes with family, school and community. We can offer an assessment of the behavior as well as write a positive behavior support plan based on the function of the behavior. Our goal is to find out why the individual engages in certain behaviors then we focus on teaching them replacement behavior using reinforcement.
• Speech and Language Therapy: Our master’s level speech therapist offers speech and language therapy to Individuals with autism as well as developmental delays. Teaching an individual functional communication skills using speech, sign language, pictures and or augmentative devices is the primary focus of therapy.
• Trainings: Parent and school district trainings are offered on an as needed basis. Topics include but are not limited to autism awareness, understanding the function of behavior. Teaching using the verbal behavior method. Please call to discuss your training needs and we can discuss trainings to meet your request.